Wilmington, NC 28403
JOB TITLE: Sales Representative
About the opportunity
Wilmington’s Big Talker 106.7 FM WFBT is seeking a self-motivated, results-driven, high-performing individual who wants to join us as we expand our news/talk radio station in the Wilmington market! We are looking to build our sales team by adding additional Sale Representatives who will work side-by-side with our Sales Manager to deliver maximum results to our advertisers and listeners.
Your primary role will be to sell airtime sponsorships to advertisers. Our product is conservative talk radio and to be successful, you will need to understand, appreciate, and have excitement for our product and be able to convey the value of advertising on our station. The successful candidate(s) will have considerable growth opportunity with us.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prospect qualified leads (cold calling, networking, etc)
- Create sales material to present to customers
- Present and sell radio advertising products/services to new and existing customers
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes by the deadline
- Resolve customer inquiries and complaints
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest offers and developments
- Coordinate sales effort with management team and team members in other departments
- Supply information to other employees about advertiser needs, problems, interests, competitive and activities.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Knowledge of social media and online marketing techniques
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills: detail-oriented, deadline driven
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in radio sales and/or talk radio sales
- Familiarity with CRM platforms
- Desire to continue education and learning through workshops, seminars, etc.
- Passion for conservative talk radio
- Strong understanding of and excitement for the ideas of a free society
- Commission / Incentive-based with initial monthly draw
- Graduated commissions with incentive bonuses for meeting various targets
- High earnings potential with no caps
About Red Wolf Broadcasting & Wilmington’s Big Talker:
We are a different kind of broadcasting company. We operate, manage, and provide content to radio stations. Our goal is to bring our listeners a consistent, high-quality, content-rich production that engages them with information and action.
Beyond this basic mission of the company, we pride ourselves on hiring the right people with the right virtues and talents. We strive to remove obstacles so our team members can do their job and attain maximum results for themselves and create maximum value for our advertisers, listeners, and society at-large. We believe in our people and strive to hire those who share our vision and have a desire and passion for their work.
Our local flagship productions are “Mornings with Joe Catennaci” and the syndicated “Chad Adams Show.” We also feature talk radio legends, such as: Sean Hannity, Dave Ramsey, Mike Gallagher, and Dana Loesch.