Wilmington, NC 28405
About the opportunity
Wilmington’s #1 FM Talk Radio Station, The Big Talker 106.7 FM WFBT is seeking a remarkable, confident, high-performing individual who wants to join the most forward thinking radio enterprise in southeaster NC as we expand our news/talk radio station! We are adding additional Account Executives who will have the most unique sales opportunity of any media enterprise with unrivaled commission opportunities in this market.
You will be identifying and developing new business opportunities; maintaining and growing our existing client relationships; and given the tools to surpass clear concise sales objectives .
We are conservative talk radio! If you think you can succeed you will need to understand, appreciate, and have excitement for selling conservative talk radio. Conveying that this is the #1 radio format and that radio reaches 92% of the population weekly IS the value of advertising on our station. If you’re up to that challenge, then you NEED to contact us!!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Present and sell radio advertising products/services to new and existing customers
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes by the deadline
- Coordinate sales effort with team members in all departments
- Follow company procedures, including approved rates/budgets; contracts/order process; billing; reports; prospect lists; etc.
- Create dynamic sales presentations for soon to be customers
- Maintain strong customer relationships and resolve any inquiries and complaints to maintain customer satisfaction
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest offers and developments
- Coordinate sales effort with management team and team members in other departments
- Prospect qualified leads (cold calling, networking, etc) and build/maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Supply information to other employees about advertiser needs, problems, interests, competitive and activities.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
- Monitor competition to find new account leads
- Candidate must drive their own vehicle and have a valid license and auto insurance.
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Passionate about Conservative Talk Radio. Desire strong knowledge of our shows and understanding of our listener demographics
- Knowledge of social media and online marketing techniques
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills: deadline driven
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of CRM systems and willingness to learn/use CRM systems
- Detail-oriented. Flexible, creative, and stress tolerate.
- Proven experience in media/advertising or relevant experience
- Experience in radio sales and/or talk radio sales is helpful
- Palpable desire to continue education and grow in success
- Strong understanding of and excitement for the ideas of a free society
- Aggressive and unrivaled commission based pay
- High earnings potential with no caps
About Red Wolf Broadcasting & Wilmington’s Big Talker:
We are a one of a kind broadcasting company. We operate, manage, and provide content to radio stations. Our goal is to bring our listeners a consistent, high-quality, content-rich production that engages them with information and action in multiple platforms 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
We also pride ourselves on hiring the unique talent with the right virtues and mindset. Our team members can excel at their job and attain maximum results because we are constantly engaged in removing obstacles to that success. Our goal is to create maximum value for our advertisers, listeners, and society at-large. We believe in our people and hire those who share our vision and have a desire and passion for their work.
Our local flagship productions are “Mornings with Joe Catennaci” and the syndicated “Chad Adams Show.” We also feature talk radio legends, such as: Sean Hannity, Dave Ramsey, Mike Gallagher, and Dana Loesch.