Sales Assistant (Part-time-to-Full-time)
Wilmington, NC 28405
Salary: $7.25 to $12.00 /hour
About the opportunity
Southeastern North Carolina’s #1 FM Talk Radio Station, The Big Talker 106.7 FM / WFBT is seeking a remarkable, confident, high-performing individual who wants to join the most forward-thinking radio enterprise in southeaster NC as we expand our news/talk radio station!
We are seeking a Sales Assistant who can offer reliable support to the sales team and help improve efficiency as sales volume increases. The Sales Assistant will be responsible for cold calling, setting up appointments, maintaining regular contact with larger customers, ensuring that all sales documents and agreements are completed before they are filed and updating the customer contact information as needed. This is a great entry-level or part-time job!
We are conservative talk radio! If you think you can succeed you will need to understand, appreciate, and have excitement for selling conservative talk radio. Conveying that this is the #1 radio format and that radio reaches 92% of the population weekly is the value of advertising on our station. If you’re up to that challenge, then you should contact us!!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prospect qualified leads (cold calling, networking, etc) and build/maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Organize sales presentations and ensure that all sales presentation materials are prepared prior to deadlines
- Update customer records in the company database as required
- Maintain strong customer relationships and resolve any inquiries and complaints to maintain customer satisfaction
- Set follow-up appointments to keep customers aware of latest offers and developments
- Coordinate sales effort with sales lead
- Supply information to other employees about advertiser needs, problems, interests, competitive and activities.
- Monitor competition to find new account leads
- Continuously improve through feedback
- Passionate about Conservative Talk Radio.
- Have strong knowledge of our locally produced shows, national shows, and understanding of our listener demographics.
- Knowledge of social media and online marketing techniques.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills: deadline driven
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of CRM systems and willingness to learn/use CRM systems
- Detail-oriented. Flexible, creative, and stress tolerate.
- Experience in sales in helpful
- Experience in radio sales and/or talk radio sales is helpful
- Palpable desire to continue education and grow in success
- Strong understanding of and excitement for the ideas of a free society
- Initially part-time position (20-hours per week), may expand to full-time
- Market driven
About Red Wolf Broadcasting & Wilmington’s Big Talker:
We are a one of a kind broadcasting company. We operate, manage, and provide content to radio stations. Our goal is to bring our listeners a consistent, high-quality, content-rich production that engages them with information and action in multiple platforms 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
We also pride ourselves on hiring the unique talent with the right virtues and mindset. Our team members can excel at their job and attain maximum results because we are constantly engaged in removing obstacles to that success. Our goal is to create maximum value for our advertisers, listeners, and society at-large. We believe in our people and hire those who share our vision and have a desire and passion for their work.
Our local flagship productions are “Mornings with Joe Catennaci” and the syndicated “Chad Adams Show.” We also feature talk radio legends, such as: Sean Hannity, Dave Ramsey, Mike Gallagher, and Dana Loesch.